Rosebel Gold Mines N.V. (Rosebel), established on May 8, 2002, is a subsidiary of Zijin Mining Group Co., Ltd. Zijin Mining holds 95% of the share capital of Rosebel, while the Republic of Suriname owns the remaining 5%. 

  • The Rosebel concession covers 17,000 hectares and is located in the district of Brokopondo.
  • Rosebel is the first large-scale gold mining company in Suriname.
  • Between 2005 and 2015 Rosebel generated USD 875 million in direct financial contributions to the Surinamese Government.