IAMGOLD is a mid-tier gold mining company with six mines (including current joint ventures) in West Africa, South America, and North America.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, IAMGOLD has approximately 6,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Core Purpose: To enrich the lives of our stakeholders.
Vision: To be the global leader in generating superior value for our stakeholders through accountable mining.
Mission: We engage, empower and support each other in pursuit of excellence.
We are driven to EXCELLENCE in everything we do.
We are ACCOUNTABLE and operate with TRANSPARENCY.
We conduct ourselves with RESPECT and embrace DIVERSITY.
We grow with TEAMWORK, LEARNING, and INNOVATION.
Rosebel Gold Mines N.V., established on May 8, 2002, is a subsidiary of IAMGOLD.
IAMGOLD holds 95% of the share capital of Rosebel, while the Republic of Suriname owns the remaining 5%. In 2011, negotiations between IAMGOLD and the Republic of Suriname commenced on the expansion of the company’s gold production. On June 6, 2013, the parties signed the Second Amendment of the Mineral Agreement. Out of this agreement, a new Unincorporated Joint Venture (UJV) vehicle has been created, the Pikin Saramacca project, in which the Surinamese Government participates for 30% and Rosebel for 70%. Staatsolie Maatschappij Suriname NV, was designated by the Republic of Suriname as the entity to hold its undivided 30% Participating Interest in the UJV, which was signed on April 22, 2020. With this expansion, the projected Life of Mine (LOM) has been increased to 2033.
Pikin Saramacca haul road
For the transportation of gold ore from the new concession a new haul road is being constructed, as Pikin Saramacca is 25 km from the main Rosebel site. In October 2019, the first ore from Pikin Saramacca was successfully delivered to the Rosebel mill, using an alternate road. The new mine is scheduled to begin full production in 2020, with an operation time of 15 years.
Socio-economic development Suriname
From the start of its operations, Rosebel has made substantial contributions to the socio-economic development of Suriname by the implementation of several sustainable projects. From full sponsorship of the Master’s program in Mineral Geosciences, an investment of USD 900.000,00 in total, to Scholarships for the best graduates of the MULO-school in Brokopondo, enabling them to attend High School and University in Paramaribo. In 2019 there was a focus on contributing to healthcare projects. Rosebel has also committed to a contribution of 0.25% of its gold production to the Suriname Environmental and Mining Foundation (SEMIF), to finance its activities.
Security Policy Statement
Rosebel is committed to protecting its people, product, assets, and reputation. Everyone at Rosebel has a responsibility in maintaining a secure workplace in identifying, assessing and mitigating risks to as low as reasonably practicable. This is being achieved through the adherence of all employees and contractors to documented security procedures and the Code of Conduct, and the obligation to report security incidents, wrongdoing and non-compliance. This policy applies to the entire Rosebel operation including staff, contractors and visitors.